Thursday, March 8, 2012

She Does Windows

  A certain amount of salty mist is inevitable. We take a squeegee with us rather than rely on the occasional attention given exterior glass surfaces by the stewards. It is also handy for getting the steam off the bathroom mirror after a hot shower.
  Today the temperature reached the mid-70's. It was cloudy all day making the noon lecture on using a sextant hypothetical. Enough sun got through the clouds to make my forehead a bit pink even though I had on an SPF 8. No pain, but a good reminder of the strength of the sun at these latitudes.
  After breakfast in our cabin I spent some time this morning getting cameras set for Hawaii (resetting time, charging batteries, etc.). I backed up and labeled the pictures taken so far. I walked three miles on the 9th deck. During the latter part of the afternoon I created a draft of my slideshow on San Diego. The rest of the day was spent eating too much and reading in a deck chair when not napping in said chair. I'm exhausted. Thankfully tonight we set our clocks back an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment